Did you know that last summer, Apple added the possibility to pay with Apple Pay for the majority of financial institutions? As a matter of fact, you can already use your phone to pay for anything that accepts PayPass.
Whether it's for gas, food, winter tires or even glasses, you can now pay for all that in under a second! All you have to do is add your credit card in the Wallet application (that's already pre-installed on your phone). To add a credit card, you have to do the following:
- Open the Wallet application;
- Click on the "+" button in the upper-right corner;
- Click on "Next";
- Place your card so that it fills your screen (like if you wanted to take a picture). The application will automatically detect all the necessary information;
- Make sure all the information is correct and click on "Next";
- Select the expiry date for your card (Apple will contact your financial institution once you do);
- Wait until Apple Pay finalizes your card's configuration in your virtual wallet;
- Confirm you want to add the card by clicking "Next".
Some financial institutions require an additional validation afterwards (like for your Interac card), but for most cards (Visa and Mastercard), that's all you need to do! When comes the time to pay, all you have to do is double-click on the main button and keep your finger on it so that Apple Pay can make sure it's your fingerprint. Within a second, you'll see that the transaction is completed!
P.S.: You can also add most of your loyalty cards (e.g.: Air Miles) in Wallet too. You're welcome! ;)